Friday 28 January 2011

Photographic inspirations

I really like the photorapher Steve Gullick, as his work isn't just a plain shot of the artist, it includes an interesting background and I like the way his shots are taken. the images he takes also include interesting colours which I really like. Here are a few spefic images that could potentially inspire me to use on my front cover.
This image is one of my favourite from Guillick, I really like the dark style of photography and the colours that have been used. I think that the background is bright enough to contrast the peoples bodies and faces. Even though it is a darker style it is still enough to grab readers attention when on the front of a magazine.

I think that the mid-shot is brilliant in this photograph! I really like how the face is scrunched up, as it's not a typical perfect pose pulled.
I really like the contrasts and colours in this photo, they work really well and create an unusual and interesting effect. The background is interesting but does not draw attention away from the people in the photo. When I take my final shot I am going to take into consideration the contrast and colours in this photo and use them to influence my own image.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment